(!) Before you buy it please check first the Lite version.
(!) We do not show/have tower locations, but indications of cell locations from the Mozilla MLS database.
Network Cell Info is a cell network monitor and measurements log tool (for LTE, HSPA, WCDMA, EDGE, GSM, CDMA, EVDO). It provides also WiFi info (beta).
* No Ads
* 6 signal-meter gauges (Cellular and WiFi signal strengths)
* Signal strength plots
* Dual SIM support (except non-MediaTek devices with Android < 5.0, due to android/device limitation)
* Measurements logging (also in Background), and database exporting
* KML 2.2, MLS Geosubmit v.2, CLF v.3, OpenCellID csv, (and our own) CMWF database types
* Measurements settings (min. distance, min. accuracy, motion detector, etc.)
* Cell locations in the map (excl. cdma) from Mozilla Location Service (MLS), with location accuracy
* Connection statistics (2G/2.5G/3G/3.5G/4G)
* Connection technology generation notifications
* Sound notifications (on system, cell id changes)
* Raw view of detailed network signal info
* Route coloring (in the map tab) according to the signal strength, and map markers with location and signal info
* Concurrent map view and signal-meter gauges
* Map view settings (Normal, Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid)
* Map memory caching, incl. measurement and cell location markers (provided you exit app through power off)
* SIM and device info
* Screen rotation (portrait or landscape)
* Android M run-time permissions (location access is necessary)
Please check here: http://goo.gl/hhUFGp
* Phone issues:
Please check here: http://goo.gl/Hy0dx5
* Dual SIM issues:
Make sure you enable it in the app settings.
NO support for dual SIM devices with Android less than 5 and non-MediaTek processor (due to android/device issue).
Please check here for issues: http://goo.gl/o0SC6j
* MAP Cell Tower Location:
We do not have own database for cell locations. We use currently the MLS database (please see below) which returns not the actual cell tower location, but roughly an indication of the cell locations.
The LTE, UMTS and GSM cell locations we get from Mozilla Location Service (MLS) – http://location.services.mozilla.com – and show in the map as antennas, are not real tower locations, but roughly an indication of the cell locations (if no cell location is shown in the map, it means MLS has no data for your cell).
** MLS doesn’t support CDMA any more.
** If the app doesn’t return cell locations, or if you want to contribute/update the cell locations, you may use Mozilla Stumbler app ( https://goo.gl/sysSNQ ) to update the MLS database in your area.
* Measurements databases:
The measurements you make in the MAP tab, can be saved locally in your device (please see FAQ inside the app for details).
* Tips to common install issues:
1. If Google Play hangs while installing the app, reboot your device.
* Tips to common start-up issues:
1. Update app to latest Release.
2. Uninstall the app, (reboot the device,) and re-install.
3. Perform any pending system and/or google apps update(s), and re-install the app.
4. If your Android/ROM/root somehow modifies the apk, then the app will not work.
5. Turn the internet on, before you start the app for first time (or after long time).
6. Email us to help you!
Thanks for all feedback!
** Network Cell Info is distributed exclusively in the Google Play Store **
Release 3.26 (31-Dec-2016; 1st day in Play Store: 3-Sept-2015)
* LTE Thresholds Settings
* BETA app testing: Please consider participating to help improve the app, and test the latest developments (when Beta gets available) before they get product-released (to participate: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.wilysis.cellinfo )
Thank you for all feedback and support !
Please check first the free Lite version.
If you are having any issues with the app, please email us to help you.
- Installs 10,000 – 50,000
- Current Version 3.26
- Requires Android 4.0 and up