High quality media player supporting USB audio DACs up to 32-bit resolution and any sample rate! Will play any popular format including wav, flac, mp3, m4a and DSD. This app is a must-have for every HiFi enthusiast, bypassing all audio limits of Android. Without a USB DAC, the app is still one of the highest quality media players around. Note that you need a USB OTG cable to connect your DAC, any class compliant USB audio device should work.
• Plays wav/flac/ogg/mp3/DSD/SACD/aiff/aac/m4a/ape/cue/etc. files (even 24-bit and 32-bit).
• Supports a USB audio DAC connected by an OTG cable (if your Android device supports USB host mode)
• Plays natively up to 32-bit/384kHz or any other rate/resolution your DAC supports by completely bypassing the Android audio system. Other Android players are limited to 16-bit/48kHz, even on Android 5 and higher.
• DSD-over-PCM and native DSD playback and DSD-to-PCM conversion if the DAC does not support DSD (.dff/.dsf files)
• Folder playback
• UPnP media renderer (for example, stream from Google Music in combination with BubbleUPnP)
• UPnP content server
• Network playback using Samba shares (should work with Windows and NAS)
• Stream audio from Qobuz, Shoutcast and Tidal
• Gapless playback
• Bit perfect playback
• Replay gain
• Sample rate conversion (if your DAC doesn’t support the audio file’s sample rate, it will be converted to a higher sample rate if available or the highest if not available)
• 10-band equalizer (can be turned off)
• No root required, but when your device has root access there is a tweak option that could eliminate audio glitching should you experience it (for example when the screen is off)
• Software and hardware volume control (when applicable)
• Upsampling (optional)
• Last.fm scrobbling
An in-app purchase of 1.99 euro is needed for the advanced parametric EQ from effect vendor ToneBoosters.
Warning: this is not a generic driver, you can only playback from within this app. It is not possible to use your USB audio device using this software with other apps!
Android 5+ users: although Android itself has a driver that supports some USB DACs, it will play in lower resolution, lower volume and will usually perform unnecessary sample rate conversion. You will still need this app to enjoy the highest quality!
Please have a look here for a list of tested devices and more information on how to connect a USB audio device:
If you are more interested in recording, please see our app USB Audio Recorder PRO:
or Audio Evolution Mobile
Make sure to connect your audio device BEFORE starting USB Audio Player PRO. If your Android device does not supply enough power, please try a powered USB hub.
Just a selection of our supported DACs:
• Audioquest Dragonfly
• Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100
• Centrance Dacport LX / HiFi M8
• Cypherlabs AlgoRhythm Solo
• FiiO E7/E10/E17/E18
• HRT Microstreamer
• iFi nano iDSD / micro iDAC
• Meridian Explorer
• NuForce uDAC / Icon HDP
• NwAvguy ODAC
• and many more!
Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to report any issues so we can solve them quickly!
* The m3u parser now supports relative path names.
* Playback should now be gapless for SACD ISO’s when using DoP or native DSD mode.
* When enabling ‘Show track numbers’, track numbers will now also be displayed in the playing queue.
* Album art was not visible anymore (faded) behind playing queue. Solved.
* Playlists from the Android DB are not converted anymore to UAPP format at initial run.
* Bug fixes.
10,000 – 50,000
- Current Version
- Requires Android
4.0 and up